The real story of Camp begins in 1926 when the construction of the La Moubra building started; it completed in 1927. For the following 25 years, until 1952, it was used as a private clinic for patients who suffered from lung disease. Crans-Montana is still famous today for the cleanliness and healthiness of its air! For the next 3 years, La Moubra was under Belgian ownership but still used as a clinic. The building then became a hotel in 1955 and remained as such until 1961.